In 1941, Winston Churchill spoke to the British people to stir them to courage and action before the threat of Nazi invasion. Churchill requested help from President Roosevelt by assuring him that Britain stood steadfast in resistance to the forces that would undo civilization. Churchill declared, “Under Providence we shall not falter or fail, we shall not weaken or tire…give us the tools and we will finish the job.”
At Pusch Ridge Christian Academy, we feel the same pressure to stand firm against the forces which seek to diminish the virtues of truth, beauty and goodness. PRCA stands steadfast for what is just and true, what is merciful and gracious; that is Christ and His Kingdom. In order to fulfill this calling, we knew we would need to expand our facilities. Therefore, the same charge that Churchill gave, “Give Us the Tools,” was the one used in 2018 to rouse supporters and parents of PRCA to help us build that needed infrastructure.
“Give Us the Tools” was a campaign that was timed perfectly by God! This remarkable timing was on display as Building 3 at the Upper School and the Outdoor Classroom at the Grammar School were finished just in time for our doors to open in August 2020, amid a pandemic when students and staff would need to have space to open safely. As we reflect on all that was accomplished in this campaign, we are forever grateful for our faithful financial partners who made it all possible.
Completed projects at the Upper School include:
- Expanded the south parking lot;
- Added baseball lights and softball/batting cages at their fields;
- Installed ceiling mounted basketball hoops in the gym;
- Built restroom/concession facilities at the football field;
- Relocated a donated modular building to provide additional office space and meeting rooms; and
- Built a new 14-room academic building with a student plaza!
Completed projects at the Grammar School include:
- Partially enclosed the lunchroom, adding climate control;
- Enhanced needed security features on campus; and
- Built an outdoor classroom near the Nature Garden for all teachers and students to use!
Much has been accomplished but there is more to be done! We are less than $200,000 from the $8.4 million dollar goal and a generous donor is matching each gift, dollar for dollar, until we reach the finish line! All gifts to the building campaign help move us forward to those final projects and toward accomplishing our incredibly important work.
Future Projects (on hold due to COVID-19):
- 8 Lane Track
- Multi-Purpose, Practice Gym (with Stage) to Ease the Overcrowded Spaces in MS/HS Sports
Pusch Ridge Christian Academy is debt free and, with the help of our generous community, we are committed to staying that way. Your partnership is critical as we work to advance God’s Kingdom and raise up the next generation of warriors for Christ. This is not only an opportunity to partner with us in educating our students and future leaders, but you can help us change the current culture and make a Kingdom difference in our world. For additional questions or information regarding naming opportunities, pledges, and/or gifts of stock, please contact Valerie Turner at 520-797-0107 x215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are blessed with gifts beyond our $8.4 million goal, we have plans to enhance the new Multi-Purpose/Practice Gym to better serve our students and families.
This Proposed Project would include:
- New Kitchen in the Multi-Purpose Building
- New Weight Room, Moved into the Current Cafeteria
- Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms in the New Practice Gym
- Outdoor Eating Area near the New Kitchen