Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the Bible, as comprised by the Old and New Testaments, is the only written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith, life, and conduct
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are one God, the same in substance, and equal in power and glory.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Jesus Christ is the sole mediator between God and man.
4. We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit or foreseen faith.
5. We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith alone.
6. We believe that faith without works is dead.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
8. We believe that at death the souls of believers pass immediately into glory, and that their bodies rest in the grave until the resurrection, when these bodies will be glorified and reunited with the souls in the presence of the Lord forever. Unbelievers will be eternally separated from God in the judgment.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
10. We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant Promises.
11. All PRCA teachers, administrators, and staff, in their respective roles as an extension of the ministry of Catalina Foothills Church (CFC), believe in and subscribe to the vital doctrine of “the priesthood of all believers” set forth in the Holy Scriptures. 1 Peter 2:5-9. Thus, every PRCA teacher, administrator, and staff person is critical to pursuing and achieving PRCA’s mission – to teach our students to become like Christ through a classical Christian education within a covenantal community.
12. This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of human affairs.
13. For purposes of the organization’s faith, doctrine, practice, discipline, and policy, PRCA recognizes and understands that the CFC Session is the organization’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.